When it comes to insanely effective fat burning workouts, every minute is crucial. With hems getting shorter and cropped tops getting tinier, you would want a quick workout routine to tone that body to rock a sexy look.
Aren’t we all a little guilty of setting unrealistic weight loss goals and expectations from the gym sometimes? We all dream to fit into a smaller dress just after a few sets of squats and lunges. While nothing could work that fast, sometimes it’s okay to get a little desperate and look for quick-and-dirty ways to tone up as quickly as you can.
Whether there’s an event coming up or you just can’t wait to try that smaller dress you just got for yourself, fitness is all about determination and right focus.
To firm up that body in 20 minutes, you need an action-packed plan that amalgamates strength training and cardio into one. Combining these insanely useful workout moves is not only great for firming up fast but is an excellent way to tone your body with no-equipment exercises at home.
Here’s a list of the most effective and best moves that will help you tone your entire body in just 20 minutes.
Set a routine and engage yourself for 20 minutes in this power-packed exercise plan five days a week to get incredible results. This compilation will target your whole body including the abs, upper arms, booty, tummy, thighs, and more. Let’s start the session without any cheating. 😉
Start with 1-Minute Warm Up
Start with a short warm-up routine. Remember, it is essential to open up your muscles before performing these exercises back to back. Start with your head and rotate it clockwise and then anti-clockwise a few times. Be very gentle while performing this move.
Move to your upper body and raise your arms in front of your chest. Cross it by swinging it in the opposite direction and open up your arms, core, and chest. A few waist twisters in both directions will open up the muscles of your belly and hips.
Rotate your feet clock-wise and anti-clockwise and let the muscles of your thighs and calves open up. Do the warm-up exercises very gently to prevent injuries. A few deep inhale-exhales and you are ready to hit it.
Now Follow Further Workout Plan
Remember, this is a 10-minute circuit that should be done twice. Each exercise should be performed back to back with 10 seconds rest between each exercise. Perform each move with full intensity. Once you are done with the entire circuit, take 20 seconds break and restart.
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- Equipment Required: Free Weights
The windmill is a stretching exercise that targets the abs and enhances your hip flexibility. To perform this move:
- Stand straight with your legs shoulder-width apart.
- Raise your arms on your sides.
- Rotate your upper body to the left as you bend down to touch the outside of your left foot with your right hand. Keep your head in the same direction.
- Your left arm will naturally be pulled at the back to create a straight line with the other arm.
- Bend your hips and knees to pull off this move without any trouble.
- Get back to your initial position and repeat on the other side.
- Do 25-reps, alternating the toes.
2. Pulsing Lunge
This one’s a calisthenics exercise that primarily targets your hips and legs. You don’t need additional weights to perform this. Your bodyweight is enough to help burn more calories and engage the essential muscle groups.Your starting position will be a regular lunge.
- Get down partially as you would for a ‘standard’ This will be your initial position.
- To get into the move, start pulsing,i.e., move your body up and down.
- Maintain a pulse of around three inches and move up and down five times.
- Repeat on the other leg.
- Do 2 reps of this move.
Love them or hate them, you can’t tone your body without squats. That’s right. Squats are undoubtedly the most effective exercises that target your arms, butts, and legs. Just make sure you do them right to prevent injury and boost its effectiveness. Here are the instructions.
- Keep your body straight and tall as you stand with your head facing forward.
- Your feet should be shoulder-width apart.
- Raise your arms in front of you to help maintain balance. You can even clasp your fingers or bend your arms in front of your chest if you like.
- Bend your knees and lower your butt as if you are sitting on an imaginary chair. Keep your head straight forward.
- Instead of rounding your lower back and butt, keep them arched.
- Your knees should never go beyond your feet.
- Keep your body tight and press down your weight onto your heels.
- Raise your body to get back to the starting position.
- To increase the effectiveness, use dumbbells for this move.
- Do 8 reps.
A push-up is another usefulexercise drill that targets the muscles of your entire body. It is particularly excellentfor engaging your lower body and core. Master this exercise and see your body tone in no time.
- Get on your all-fours and start off in a high plank position.
- Keep your hands firmly on the ground and your shoulders raised and high.
- Make sure your entire body is a straight angle.
- Look at the ground as you lower your body. Do not touch the floor and push yourself back up.
- Do not let your arms widen or butt to stick out at any point.
- Make sure your core is engaged as you exhale when you get back high.
- Do 15 push-ups
5. Triceps Kickback
As the name suggests, this move is going to work your triceps, strengthen your upper body and tone it for every ‘push’ movement. The move, however, can be tricky and dangerous if you have lower-back or elbow-related problems. So be cautious.
- Stand next to your bench, holding a dumbbell in your right hand.
- Place your left knee and (left)hand on the bench. Bend your back and lower your body accordingly.Create a 45-degree
- Straighten your right elbow while holding the weights until it is parallel to the floor.
- Bend your elbow and lower the weights as you bring it back to its initial position.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Do 15 reps with each arm.
6. Spot Sprinting
Walking or jogging is another best method to engage your overall muscles to help you tone quickly. Don’t have a place to run or jog? No problem, spot sprinting is the perfect solution.
- Stand tall and alternatively move your knees towards your chest as if you are sprinting.
- You don’t have to jump, instead, hop with your arms pumping at a similar pace.
- Do this with great intensity for best results.
- Do a set of 20 alternating your legs.
7. Deadlift with Dumbbells
Deadlifts are one of the best moves to tone your belly, core, chest, and arms. Don’t forget to grab your weights before you get started this useful strength training exercise.
- With dumbbells in your hands, stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Keep your knees slightly bent, with your palms facing inwards.
- Bend your upper body as you tighten your abs until your chest is parallel to the floor.
- Move your head in the direction of your upper body.
- Engage glutes and wait for 2 seconds as you raise your body to get back to your starting position.
- 20 reps for this exercise
8. Rest 20 Seconds, Take a Breath, and Repeat
Done with your first circuit? Now take a 20-second break and get back on it again. Remember, these 20 minutes will change your life and your body forever. So it’s worth taking the pain and pushing yourself until you are able to do it effortlessly. Here’s a quick reminder. You would sweat profusely during this workout, so it is crucial that you drink enough water to fuel your body and athletic performance.
Make your workout impactful by adding more weights if required. Incorporate this fat-blasting routine into your fitness plan and see your body change for good!