Recumbent bikes are perfect for newbies and professional trainers alike as they provide comfort and powerful support to the user. The ergonomic design of the bike places the rider in a laid-back position with solid support to the back and legs. When it comes to choosing a stable exercise bike, nothing but the best would do. However, given the overwhelming range of choices and brands available in the market, fitness enthusiasts are in a dilemma as to what the best exercising equipment out there is. Read on to know more about recumbent bikes, especially the Schwinn 270 model that is a bestseller in this review below:
The Schwinn 270, a mid-priced recumbent bike is one of the more popular models in the Schwinn reclined bike collection. The structure and sturdiness of the framework make the bike an ideal choice for both beginners and fitness gurus. The recumbent bike is easy on the eyes with its plush, wide spacious leather seats, powerful metallic construction, and sleek design. Moreover, it comes with over 29 pre-set workout regimens and mobile connectivity that makes exercising more fun and less exhausting. The console is intuitive and very easy to manage with a wide LCD screen and built-in speakers to connect your electronics and play the downloaded workouts.
- Product Dimensions: 6.4” x 27.7” x 49.9”
- Product Weight: 86.6lbs
- Maximum User Weight Capacity: 300lbs
- Resistance Offered: 25 levels of eddy current resistance for greater intensity.
- A powerful drive system offering high inertia and perimeter weighted flywheel for added consistency
- Ergonomic handlebars are connected to a monitor and a chest strap for tracking your heartbeat
- The aluminum slider seat rails and lever assist you in adjusting the seats according to your height
- Built-in console and speakers that can be connected to Schwinn Connect™ or MyFitnessPal
- The three-speed cooling fan keeps the machine from overheating during rigorous workouts
- The water bottle holder and transport wheels add on to the convenience and portability
- The DualTrack backlit LCD monitor can be connected to any device via Bluetooth or USB port.
- Comes with 12 pre-set profile programs, 9 heart rate regimes, 2 fitness tests, 4 user profile settings and a data recovery program.
- The walk-through frame, 10 resistance keys, and 6 LED backlights allow faster transitions during the workout.
The Best Features
The bike features an all metallic construction and a solid platform for working out. It doesn’t wobble or move from side to side even during the most aggressive workouts. The framework also comes with 3 levelers, 2 of them are situated under the rear stabilizer bars and one under the center of the frame for better balance.
The bike is competent for a wide range of heights and user weights. Everyone from 4’11” to 6’ and under 300lbs can easily use the machine. Moreover, the wide seat space, chair-like design can be adjusted using a slider and metal levers. The seats are set between 19 to 25.5 inches from the floor, a lot closer than an upright bike. You cannot adjust the seats while sitting.
The Schwinn 270 recumbent bike offers both magnetic and eddy current resistance that is divided into 25 levels for a quiet and intense workout. The resistance can be customized using the 10 quick-jump buttons on the console. On pushing the buttons up or down the magnets move closer or far away from the flywheel respectively but never touch it, hence preventing any wear and tear. Note that the resistance works only when you pedal forwards.
The 13lbs perimeter flywheel, though lightweight, is pretty sturdy in pulling the pedals through the different levels of resistance for a jerk-free and consistent motion. However, the flywheel is not heavy enough and fails to perform as you increase the resistance. The framework also features 3 piece crank and textured pedals that hold your feet in a firm grip and is compatible with almost show size. It is ideal for users who like a slow but consistent pedaling motion. People with knee injuries or recovering from any physical disability find the bike especially useful and effective for their rehab.
The intuitive and intelligent console comes with a DualTrack backlit LCD monitor and 29 pre-set workout programs for first-time users. Once you push the Quick Start button you’ll be guided to the user profiles where you can customize the workout before you start pedaling. You even get 12 programs that are divided into 3 categories namely Fun, Mountains and Challenges (each having a different resistance range and intensity).
- The walk-through frame is very convenient, it is placed closer to the ground and there is no bar blocking the chair space
- The seat is designed like a plush chair and offers ample support to your back and hind legs for a long and comfortable workout
- The machine is not very heavy, yet very durable. The center support system can support a maximum user weight of 300 pounds
- The surprisingly silent and strong eddy current braking system is divided into 25 levels for better control
- Can be connected to the Schwinn Connect™ or MyFitnessPal via Bluetooth or USB
- Comes with 4 user profiles that let you customize your workout program and store personal data and stats into your accounts easily
- Comes with a robust training support- 29 workout programs, 12 profile workouts and 4 heart-rate regimes
- The handlebars are connected to a chest strap and a heart-rate monitor, a bottle holder and built-in speakers.
- The flywheel is very lightweight weighing just 17 pounds and hence not suited for heavy workouts.
- The bike is not very ideal for tall users as it doesn’t have much leg space.
- There is no chest strap for wireless monitoring.
The Bottom Line
The Schwinn 270 recumbent bike is best suited for a low-impact workout that is easy on the joints and very comfortable for consistent use. Everyone from beginners to fitness freaks will find the machine challenging and effective.
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike Review
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike
Schwinn 270 is the best recumbent bike which is recommended by experts with their unbiased reviews. Upon review we found that it is featured with dozens of features with classic layout. In total Schwinn 270 is recommended recumbent bike as personal gear.